New Technologies Simplify Use and Offer Additional Tests
Stat Profile Prime Plus is a comprehensive, whole blood critical care analyzer that combines blood gases, electrolytes, metabolites, CO-Oximetry, and 32 calculated results in a simple, compact analyzer. Prime Plus combines maintenance-free, replaceable cartridge technology for sensors and reagents with patented, new, maintenance-free, and non-lysing whole blood CO-Oximetry technology.
Prime Plus results are produced rapidly, a complete test menu panel in about one minute, and are combined with bidirectional connectivity and a powerful data management system.
Most comprehensive critical care menu
PO2 PCO2 pH Hct tHb Na Cl K iCa iMg Glu Lac Urea Creat SO2% O2HB COHb MetHb HHb tBil
• All Stat Profile Prime Plus biosensors use proven Nova technology in a miniaturised, maintenance-free sensor card format.
• Nova MicroSensor cards combine all 20 whole blood assays including CO-Oximetry.
Urea (BUN), Creatinine and eGFR
Over 50% of patients admitted to the ICU will develop some stage of acute kidney injury (AKI).1 Stat Profile Prime Plus is the only blood gas analyzer to provide whole blood urea (BUN) and creatinine (plus eGFR) test options for rapid assessment of kidney function.
Ionized magnesium (iMg)
Disruptions in the balance of iMg, Na, K, and iCa can cause cardiac arrhythmias, reduced cardiac contraction, and cardiac arrest. Prime Plus is the only blood gas analyzer to provide a comprehensive profile of electrolytes including iMg.
Prime Plus incorporates a new, patented multi-wavelength optical system that scans a continuous spectrum of optical wavelengths to enable a comprehensive CO-Oximetry panel result without lysing the sample. The optical components in contact with blood are contained in the disposable sensor card.
- • Cleaning and deproteinising are completely eliminated.
- • Lysing and all its required mechanical components are eliminated, as are lysing and deproteinising reagents.
This improves reliability and reduces maintenance and costs.
CO-Oximetry test menu
O2Hb COHb MetHb HHb tBil
Prime Plus’s exceptional throughput easily handles the high sample workload of a busy critical care setting. Prime Plus delivers a 20-test critical care profile in about one minute. Competitors’ analyzers can require up to four minutes, even with fewer tests reported.
Prime Plus’s unique Clot Block™ sample flow path protects sensor cards from blood clot blockages.
Individual Sensors and Calibrators
Individual sensor cards and calibrator cartridges are a low cost alternative to the inflexibility and waste of combined sensor/calibrator cartridge systems. For example, an analyzer in a high patient workload setting requires fewer sensor cards than calibrators, and a low volume workload setting requires the reverse. In both cases, Prime Plus eliminates waste and reduces overall consumable costs by using the full life of each card and cartridge.
Bidirectional Connectivity Patient Management
NovaNet bidirectional middleware for all Nova connected devices
NovaNet ensures timely, accurate capture of Nova analyzer test results for clinicians and managers to retrieve wherever and whenever needed.
High Level Data Encryption and Network Security
As part of Nova’s cybersecurity and protected health information (PHI)
risk protection, Prime Plus analyzer s and NovaNet middleware comply
with U.S. Homeland Security and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cybersecurity risk mitigation measures, and U.S. HIPAA PHI security measures.2
Automated, True Liquid QC
Liquid QC provides the only reliable test of analyzer performance
United States federal government regulations and many international government regulations have eliminated electronic equivalent QC and are requiring true liquid QC.3
Automated QC complies with U.S. CLIA, German RiLiBAK, and other international QC requirements
QC cartridges contain a 30-day supply of liquid QC material. Controls are run automatically at user-selected intervals. Prime Plus quality controls:
- • Are comprised of a similar matrix to that of patient samples.
- • Are treated in the same manner as patient samples.
- • Follow the exact sample pathway as patient samples, from sample probe to waste container.
- • Challenge all analytical phases of testing.
- • Challenge testing at patient low, normal, and high value ranges.
1. Mandelbaum T et al. Outcome of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury using the Akin criteria. Crit Care Med 2011;39:2259-2264.
2. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
3. Centers for Medicare and Medicard Services, Center for Clinical Standards and Quality/Survey and Certification Group. Policy clarification or acceptable control materials used when quality control (QC) is performed in laboratories. Baltimore, MD: CMS, April 8, 2016.
Stat Profile Prime Plus™ Specifications
|Critical Care Test Menu||Methodology|
|A||Base Excess||O2 Saturation|
|pH/PCO2/PO2 Corrected to Patient Temperature
Respiratory Index (If % FIO2 value entered)
|HHb, deoxyhemoglobin||O2Hb, oxyhemoglobin
|MetHb, methemoglobin||COHb, carboxyhemoglobin|
|tHb, total hemoglobin||SO2%, oxygen saturation
|tBil, total bilirubin|
Full colour, 10.1-inch touchscreen, multilingual, QC statistics, onboard data management, automatic sampler, integrated capillary adapter, optional barcode scanner, QC data storage, optional mobile cart with UPS
60uL Sample Volume
Electrical Power Requirement
< 90 Watts
CE Marked, For Investigational Use Only
Whole blood (heparinized), arterial, venous, mixed venous
ASTM, HL7, or POCT01-A2 connectivity formats
* 135 uL Sample draw requirement